Pronoun(1) used to refer to two or more people or things previously mentioned or easily identified.(2) used to refer to a person of unspecified sex.
(1) they don't drink coffee(2) I mentioned one time that my washer was broken and they sent me the money to get a new one.(3) Was Cleopatra as beautiful as they say?(4) Once they have been emptied, the sacks are not sent to landfill sites or thrown away.(5) I only hope that they catch up with him, and put him behind bars where he truly belongs.(6) Going Green isn't as easy as they say it is.(7) One reason why the new rules are so radical is that they sweep away all the previous ones.(8) they had no money(9) The pieces are tied together less by logic or plot than they are by emotional links.(10) 'Are they experts?' 'They are.'(11) they cut my water off(12) I've never had a friend get so mad with me that they turn off their phone and don't turn it back on for two days.(13) 'Did they call?' 'They did.'(14) When an artist and a scientist got together they came up with a unique take on fashion.(15) we asked the board if they agreed with the decision(16) After their return they groomed their horses and were due to turn them out into a paddock.
(1) they are :: son
(2) they have :: ellos tienen
(3) they want :: ellos quieren
(4) they had :: tuvieron
(5) they said :: ellos dijeron
(6) they say :: ellos dicen
(7) they also :: ellos también
(8) they both :: ambos
(9) as they say :: como ellos dicen
1. they ::
2. he ::
3. she ::
4. it ::
5. that ::
6. those ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
They are definitely
your weirdest friends.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 15
to pick up the swords THEY drop.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 3
And THEY were the only words I knew.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 6
Now you have given the Masters
what THEY deserve.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 5
They invited you. They want you there.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 6
English to Spanish Dictionary: they
Meaning and definitions of they, translation in Spanish
language for they with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of they in Spanish and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'they'
What they means in Spanish, they meaning
in Spanish, they
definition, examples and pronunciation
of they in Spanish language.